Within the newly granted Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1333 – Molecular Heterogeneous Catalysis in Confined Geometries – at the Institute of Polymer Chemistry (Prof. Dr. Michael R. Buchmeiser), University of Stuttgart, Campus Stuttgart-Vaihingen, we offer three positions as Scientific Coworker (Doctoral Researcher, m/f/d) Pay grade 50% 13 TV-L starting July 01, 2022 to work on the subproject of SFB 1333.
- Position 1: Continuous-flow microreactors and multidimensional on-line analytics for catalytic reaction kinetics studies under spatial confinement
- Position 2: Tuning of C6/C8 selectivity of Cr-catalyzed oligomerization of ethylene by exploiting confinement effects
- Position 3: Cooperative asymmetric dual / multiple activation catalysis under confinement
The position requires a University Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or in Materials Science. Specifically, we would like to encourage candidates with the following qualifications to apply:
- Knowledge in synthetic organometallic chemistry
- very good oral and written English language skills
- above-average academic achievements
- Identification with the multidisciplinary nature of the collaborative research center (catalysis, materials science, analytical chemistry, theory and simulation science) and the enthusiasm to learn beyond your individual research topic
- Willingness to actively participate in CRC events and qualification measures
All doctoral researchers of CRC 1333 are part of a structured graduate program integrated within the graduate academy of University of Stuttgart GRADUS. The CRC will ensure an interdisciplinary doctoral education and give opportunity for interdisciplinary scientific exchange.
Closing date is July 30, 2022. Applicants should send their electronic application (one pdf file) including a cover letter, CV, publication list, list of two potential referees, and copies of certificates of academic grades to Prof. Dr. Michael R. Buchmeiser, Institute of Polymer Chemistry, University of Stuttgart, Pfaffenwaldring 55, D-70569 Stuttgart.
The University of Stuttgart seeks to increase the share of women in scientific positions and therefore explicitly encourage women to apply. In cases of equal qualification and within the given legal scope, women will be given preference. Applications of disabled persons with equal qualifications will be regarded favorably.
Data Protection Information
When you apply for a position with the University of Stuttgart, you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of the University of Stuttgart.