Within the research project “silicon-anode” in cooperation with a globally leading German car company, the Institute of Polymer Chemistry (Professor Buchmeiser’s research group) of the University of Stuttgart is currently searching for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher (m/w/d; TV-L 13, 100%, fix-term for one year with the opportunity of prolongation for another year) with profound knowledge in electrochemistry and inorganic chemistry for immediate start.
- Synthesis and surface modification of silicon nanoparticles
- Design and testing of silicon anode-containing battery cells
- Basic electrochemical characterization
- Investigation of the charge/discharge mechanism and degradation behavior
- Investigation of the performance of silicon anodes based in dependence of, e.g. morphology and surface area as well as in situ and post mortem characterization
- A PhD in chemistry or materials science
- Knowledge in electrochemistry (cyclic voltammetry, ac impedance spectroscopy, galvanostatic cycling,..)
- Ability to work independently and in groups, good communication skills and be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Experience in the handling of air-sensitive compounds, the synthesis of nanoparticles, and in materials characterization techniques (e.g. SEM, TEM, XRD,…) is highly desirable.
Closing date is July 30, 2022. Applicants should send their electronic application (one pdf file) including a cover letter, CV, publication list, list of two potential referees, and copies of certificates of academic grades to Prof. Dr. Michael R. Buchmeiser, Institute of Polymer Chemistry, University of Stuttgart, Pfaffenwaldring 55, D-70569 Stuttgart.
For further information, please contact Dr. Dongren Wang +49 711 68564046, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Stuttgart seeks to increase the share of women in scientific positions and therefore explicitly encourage women to apply. In cases of equal qualification and within the given legal scope, women will be given preference. Applications of disabled persons with equal qualifications will be regarded favorably.
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the University of Stuttgart, you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of the University of Stuttgart.